Sunday, August 14, 2011

Astrology and Horoscopes


Do you find advice in your daily horoscope? Have you ever wondered why the outlook is so vague? Can the movement of the planets really forecast our futures?

Daily Horoscopes are pretty much everywhere, and they are usually free. The main problem is they focus on everyone born under that particular sign. If you take the time to compare different versions of your horoscope, you will also find they vary greatly. So, how helpful is this advice anyway?


At Internet Provider, you can find a list of the top ten daily horoscopes sites, along with other sources such as tarot and numerology. None of these sites offered personalized horoscopes, only general outlooks. As I searched the web for an alternative suggestion, I did find AstroAgency, which provides a personal view, but is also very vague.
If you compare the ten suggested sites, you will find they all offer different advice. So how can we know which to take? I wish I could answer this, and hope soon I will be able to. I’ve always been intrigued by astrology and had a desire to understand, but with all my other interests this one always falls short.


I did find one of the suggested sites very interesting. AstrologyZone offers a very detailed monthly outlook for your sign, but again it is based on all those born under each sign. It does however give some specifics, as in: if you were born on this day, you will feel more of an effect from the new moon. The most interesting aspect though is Susan Miller offers to write you a 64-page custom book. The book contains your natal chart, personality aspects, how your place in your family can affect your personality, and more. Your name is even put on the cover of the book. I do love this idea, but the price isn’t cheap either. At 49.95, this may be something I’d like to have, but wouldn’t spend the money.


And before you do, consider creating your own. It’s much easier than you would think. With The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need by Joanna Martine Woolfolk, you can create your own natal chart and interpret it for around fifteen dollars. I own this book, the older edition, and have created my natal chart and interpretations, but never ventured further. I do plan to do so over the next few months. But, before you spend your money on this, also check out Parker’s Astrology by Julia Parker. I have heard this is a better guide, but I don’t own it yet. This book also sells for around fifteen dollars.


Can the movement of the planets really forecast our futures? My answer would be not entirely. I do believe they can give you added insight into your life and perhaps make your journey more understandable and enjoyable.


For instance, if you are aware that the moving planets are about to cause interruption in your life on a certain day, schedules can be changed to avoid the added stress, or at least you could be more prepared for the situation.


Do you own an astrology book you’d like to suggest to the readers of this blog? Is there a horoscope site you feel stands out among the many?

No comments: