Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trouble connecting?

Are you having trouble connecting during your tarot reading? Do the cards not feel right? Does the reading feel completely off? Do you feel your mind wondering elsewhere while shuffling, rather than on the question at hand?

One of the most important aspects of performing a reading is to have a connection, so what's wrong?

First, you should look at the cards.
  • Is it a new deck? You may need more time with them before you feel the right connection. Or, the deck may not be for you. Using the right deck is important, and the choice of decks will vary from one reader to another. Decks are not equal. One reader will find one deck useful, while another may find no connection at all.
  • Is it a deck you use often? The cards may need to be cleansed. The quickest way to do this is to move the cards through the smoke of burning incense.
Next, look at yourself. If you are stressed, the energies will corrupt your reading. There are many ways to improve your own energy, which in turn will improve your reading ability.
  • Burn incense or candles.
  • Use totems. (an object to better connect yourself with the situation of the reading)
  • Use crystals. Placing crystals near you will absorb negativity. Different crystals specialize in different areas.
  • Meditate. Take a few moments to free your mind and ground yourself.
  • Relax. Take a walk. Read from your favorite book. Anything to give your mind a moments break.
Finally, look at your environment.
  • Make yourself comfortable. Your work area should suit you, whether it's a chair and desk, a bed, the floor, etc. Most readings take a while, the more comfortable you are, the less distraction.
  • Remove the clutter. Is your area large enough for your spread? Having to move items around as you lay your cards out is a huge distraction.
Happy Tarot Reading!


2 comments:

Warpsludge the Warlock said...

I'm often stressed, so my energies are always a little corrupt. I work with what I've got. I find your ideas of cleaning the place up helps, so do crystals.

I have a million decks and I love them all so that's no problem with that.

As for smudging or incense. My wife is afraid I'll burn the house down, so I must dispense with such, but usually hitting the deck with a loud thunk and holding it up to the universe and asking it to , clears the thing good enough.

I do my tarot readings for myself on my bed, which is cozy. For other's, I don't usually have my chose of environments.

BTW, You had some good, helpful suggestions. Thank you for an interesting post!

Cher Green said...

Warpsludge,

Thank you for commenting. You could also place a crystal with your tarot cards when storing them. This will cleanse them and no Fire.

Best wishes,
Cher