Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Artist's Way meets the Tarot



the Artist's Way
Julia Cameron
Some of you may have heard of Julia Cameron's the Artist's Way - A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, and you may be wondering what it has to do with the Tarot.

In 2010, I embarked on Cameron's journey on my writing blog, Footsteps of a Writer, and the results to my life were amazing. Now, the Tarot Dude is going through the journey using the Tarot. I think it is a wonderful concept, and I am excited about making this wonderful journey once again.

I hope some of you will decide to join us. You can grab your own copy of the book, borrow a copy, or just tag along through the posts.

You will need to visit Tarot Dude's blog to read up on the material. Here you will find links to his posts and my results through the journey.

In Beginnings, Tarot Dude presents a question and you are to pull a tarot card to reveal your answer.

Question: What will help me in my Artist's Way journey?

9 of Pentacles
Rider-Waite


The woman stands surrounded by her accomplishments, fruits of her labors, with only herself and the higher power to take credit. Of course there are always others who contribute to our success, but as artists most of the work comes from solitary tasks, with inspiration and support from outside sources.

The solitary activities and the results of each task will help me through my journey.




Before the journey begins, you will need to catch up on some reading.

Basic Principles - "the bedrock of which creative recovery and discovery can be built."
Basic Tools - Part One - The Morning Pages - "three pages of longhand writing, strictly stream-of-consciousness"
Basic Tools - Part Two - The Artist Date - a play-date for you and your inner artist

More to come as we begin our Spiritual Journey toward Higher Creativity.

No comments: