Thursday, November 29, 2012

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card - Step 16 - Drawing

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
Mary K. Greer

In step sixteen of our journey, we explore drawing.

The purpose of drawing your card is to give you a deeper look at the image and to discover what truly expresses the card's message.

Mary K. Greer mentions this isn't something you'd use while reading for others. This is a process for your own benefit and will appreciate after the experience.

Activity 16:1: Do a basic sketch of your card. What did you discover that you hadn't noticed before?

(No laughing please, I'm not an artist.)

 
Did I discover anything new? Can't say that I did, but I have been studying this card intently during these steps.

---

In The Way of the Adept section, you move into drawing whole spreads, combining different card elements, and working with your drawing.

 ---
If you haven’t already, grab a copy of the book for a deeper understanding of 21 Ways to Read the Tarot. Available in Print and Kindle.


5 comments:

J.P.D. Iuvaro said...

I just can't get enough of your blog, every post helps me get better at reading tarot so THANK YOU!

Cher Green said...

JP, Thank you for the greatest compliment a writer can receive. I'm extremely glad you find my blog helpful.

IDEALIST said...

I have not read all of your post on the 21 ways..... But why does an "angel" need to protect herself
why is she not flying to freedom with the birds? she has wings.... why is she not protecting/guiding others?

Your picture makes me notice the shadow of the right bird-this makes me think of having another side-is she a ''fallen angel'' maybe she is afraid of ''the light''(her eyes are blindfolded). Is she scared of the darker side of her self scared she may use the swords for evil and not for good? She is scared of her own power.

The woman represents the ''third'' bird but the shadow my represent the ego.....

Cher Green said...

To be honest, I've never looked at the figure in this card as an angel. I've always looked at the wings as the 'wings of the soul.'

'a fallen angel' is an interesting look on this card, but not what I see when I look at it. :)

Thanks so much for sharing what you see. It's always interesting to experience the different cards through another's eyes.

IDEALIST said...

Yeah I see what you’re saying about the wings but I thought the crystal vision tarot is a deck about fantasy and fairy's etc....

I agree that on a deeper level the wings may have a soul connection as everything in life does but doesn’t the type of deck add another layer/texture to the reading?

Maybe you have already covered this and I need to look through some of your older post during the holiday period.

Thanks for all the info you provide :)