Monday, March 17, 2014

Keep It Simple, Silly

When approaching the Lenormand, one should realize how simple the process is and try not to make it more complicated than it is.

Easier said than done.

From experience, I believe the complications come in when we jump head first into this system and try to start reading before we are ready. Take it slow, build a vocabulary, form connections with the card combo system, and practice, practice, practice.

Below is an example of one of my daily draws. I threw the spread the other morning, jotted some notes, and left for work. Upon returning home, I glanced at my previous notes, yet nothing had happened during the day that rang true to my interpretation. So, I jotted down some more notes, played with some new keywords, and then it happened. The simple, logical interpretation jumped out at me and fell into place.


Final Interpretation: Leaving the office to drive my car around a committed route. (For those of you who may not know, I'm a rural mail carrier, therefore most of my work day is spent in my car following the same line of travel.) Surprise, nothing unusual happened, just a normal day at work.

This isn't the first time the Ship has appeared as Car for me. In February's Grand Tableau, it appeared followed by Fox, giving me Work Vehicle. But, I'll confess this wasn't evident until the end of the month, and I was reviewing the reading with hindsight. Such things are worth noting in a Card Journal, and the Road+Ring (committed path, my mail route) will be added in my Combo Journal.

Lenormand tip - Keep notes, build vocabulary, and creating connecting combos. Journals are very important in learning the Lenormand. I currently have three - one for individual meanings, one for combos, and one for daily/monthly readings. 

Good luck in you Lenormand Journey and don't forget to Practice.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

I agree on the need to practice practice practice and to build a vocabulary
I've started a little notebook which contains nouns, verbs and adjectives for each card.
I also have a digital Tarot/Lenormand journal where I store a.o. my combo's. It is the TreeDBNotes program. I love to work with it.

Cher Green said...

Ellen, It's definitely a journey in itself. I found Tarot much easier to learn. Yet, everyone keeps so this one is so much easier. MMmm.