Monday, June 30, 2014

What does your Inner Self want you to know?

Last week, Kate of Daily Tarot Girl presented a Tarot Exercise - a letter from your Inner Self to you. Stop by Daily Tarot Girl for the original post.

I decided to put a little spin on this, not much of one though. I wanted to try this exercise with Oracle cards rather than Tarot cards. I've also changed the wording of the question and the answering letter slightly.

Question: Inner Self, what message do you have for me at this time?

Answer: Dear, there are many things I need to express to you, but I wouldn't want to put you into overload. For now, let's keep it simple. There are two things you need to be doing right now. You need to ___________ and _________. And that thing you keep doing, please stop. You need to stop ___________. This is all very important. Work on these things and come back later. We'll talk more.

From The Magical Times Empowerment Cards by Jody Bergsma, I pulled the following three cards.



My Letter would read something like this:

Dear, there are many things I need to express to you, but I wouldn't want to put you into overload. For now, let's keep it simple. There are two things you need to be doing right now. You need to be a little more flexible, if you keep on like this you are likely to break  and be gentle with yourself and others. We are all on a learning journey. We all make mistakes from time to time. And that thing you keep doing, please stop. You need to stop frowning all the time. Lighten up you heart and soul. Find some joy in life. This is all very important. Work on these things and come back later. We'll talk more.

To help myself remember these things, I create a little mantra to keep it in my mind throughout the day. "Bend, love, and smile."

Now, it's your turn. What does your Inner Self want to tell you? Are you listening? Feel free to share your cards and letter in the comments below.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved it! and the deck is beautiful! thank you for sharing :)

Ellen said...

I love thi!s Somehow I've missed this post from Kate
I will try this out in tomorrow's post on my blog. Lovely deck!
Thanks Cher for this idea

Cher Green said...

Starlight and Ellen, I'm glad you both enjoyed this post.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

The deck is stunning. It's all so fascinating

Cher Green said...

Joylene, There are so many great decks out there. It can become an addiction. :) Glad you are continuing to enjoy the posts.